Monday, October 31, 2005

Hi everyone..

I'm on a two day break before Incognito goes to Germany...I have to fly out Wed night....I'm glad I got a chance to spend Halloween with Jazzie and our family.

The producer for the new CD,gave me a copy of the roughs so I can gage what I need to redo...most of the work i did is cool..I just want it to be as close to perfect,as i can get it.

I am suffering from  the beginning stages of acid reflux and my vocal chords have been inflamed for a while now.My doctor has me on all kinds of medication...

Ypu know what lesson I have learned from this? I wil NEVER ever give up singing because of some dumb music industry bull stuff.

Not having my moneymaker working in top condition has scared the HELL out of me.

My doc says that in 6 weeks i should be fine,but i have to make some behavioral changes,such as not eating 8pm,not even water.

No citrus foods,spicy,etc..(which is cool since I dont like spicy foods anyway)

I have to sleeop on my left side which feels a little weird simce I like sleeping on my stomach...

but I dont care what she told me to do .I am going to do it because if I lose my voice,i'm up the creek....

Incognito has a show in Cork,Ireland last weekend which was fun..We did about 8 new songs from the new CD which is always exciting...

I had a hard time memorizing the new songs Come Away With Me and When Tomorrow Brings You Down...and all the backgrounds on Imanni and Tony;s songs.

Carleen Anderson is joing us from The Forum Show till the end of the year.it's going to be fun being on tour with her!

I met Ed Motta and went out to dinner with Bluey and his family,Ed and his wife and Gail...we ate Lebonese food.which of course I was tripping about..I mean dag I just got used to Indian! but it was good...

Well I'm sleepy dahlins'...

Love ya.

Maysa

No comments: