Monday, October 17, 2005

Nashville,Tennessee, The Vibe Room, Recording New CD

Hi cuzzinz,

I have just returned home after spending the a couple days recording with Kendall Duffie of the group Kloud 9 at his studio in Nashville.

We were recording a song called "Runnin'" for a compilation for Expansion Records in London.

This was my first time working with Kendall as a producer,and I was truly impressed.

After we finished some vocals Kendall took me to a club called Level 88,where I met my manager Berenice (who moved to Nashville a few years ago with her husband and daughter).

When we arrived,a couple of Kendalls friends were on the stage singing their booty's off! Then they called me up and the band played Deep Waters for me.

The next day we went to the Waffle House...I haven't been to one of those since I was on the Morgan Choir in college,and we used to go on those Southern tours.

After breakfast we recorded some more,and then went to do an interview at Fisk University's radio station 88.1 WFSK.

I really enjoyed the interview,it was relaxed and I was proud to be at another HBCU(Historically Black College and/or University).Thanks Tory! On Friday Night I had gone to Morgan's Homecoming Gala with my cousin Lauren. being at Fisk and Morgan made me want to go back to school. I think I might do just that. Whenever I find some time.

I really wish I could do a college tour one day.

Speaking of college tours,A REAL NIGGA SHOW,(which I produce,and my tour manager,Troy Burton directs ) ,is going on the road with a show at Wilberforce University on November 1,2005.

Also,another play that The Blueroses Entertainment Group is producing is from a young and upcoming actor from Baltimore named Robert Hardy.

His one man show is called Me ,Myself ,and Us,and it debuts at The Eubie Blake Jazz and Cultural Institute in Baltimore on October 19,20,and 21.

I'll get all of the deatils and post it on the news page later today.

I start recording a new CD today. It's a one off CD for Shanachie Records.

I have to record 2 songs a day because I have to leave to go on tour with Incognito on the 26 of October.

I'll keep you updated about our progress...

See ya soon..

Oh! The Revenge of The Underground Divas will happen one day next year ya'll.I need to sit down with a grant writer since this tour will be education based,and map out the game plan.

When I get back from taking Jazz tom school,I'll post some picturesfrom my weekend...

Maysa

 

No comments: